Friday, January 5, 2007

A cold day in the park!

It has been a great day so far! We took the little girls to what I can only compare to a carnival like park (the ones that come in town randomly). They jumped, played, ate chips & coke - it was great! The little ones do not get to go out very much so they were all giddy!



Climbing over this bridge - it was quite the obstacle.

Our precious friends - Doina, Me, Emily, Constansa.

Too cute!

Yay for chips and fun rides!!
Alina is cute but whew! you should see her when she is angry!!
Jumping! Jumping! Jumping!
Two girls enjoying the "carnival ride."



I cannot believe that three days from now we will be headed home. Time has flown by here! Just today, on the way home, Emily & I were dreaming about future possibilities here & all over the world. Emily was talking to me about how insane it is that God uses us just being here to change lives. We aren't doing anything - we are just living two weeks in RO and loving these girls. It's crazy how He uses that!

It will be very hard to leave on Tuesday morning. These girls are dying to be loved. That's all they need. I so wish I could move here for six months or a year and just love them. A few girls have mentioned that they don't like to get close to "girls like us" because they know we will just leave anyway. But praise God they have opened up!!
Last night was providential. God used ice skating to bring the older girls not only close to Emily & I but also close to each other. They said they had never really been out of the orphanage together before! I delighted in the Lord as I saw them laugh with each other and want to skate with each other!!! I pray for community there. Constansa is being used in incredible ways- and I praise God for the encouragement Emily has brought her - but I so desire in my heart to see her have community with other girls that know Jesus.

Well. I guess I must go! Time to go shopping for the kids at Pinocchio! We get to deliver the gifts tomorrow! I am excited to give the kids all of the hand knitted items that we brought!
With much love,
Jenn

5 comments:

juliette said...

i finally was able to look at james' blog from the past few days and the videos were great! i espescially liked watching you, emily, listen to viorica and alina speak in romanian. your face was priceless. and even better was watching you dance with nikky! and that is SO cool about constana and the t-shirt! Gos is SO specific!! and he is definitely being specific and intentional on this trip with you two! it definitely looks like He is showing you why you're there. And like we talked about before, its not about DOING anything, its about BEING exactly who God wants you to be where he wants you to be! That is so exciting that yall are learning that first hand in such an incredible way!

Ellen said...

Hey Jenn! I love you so much, and I can't wait to hear all your stories in person. I've been praying for you whenever I think of you randomly, which has been quite a bit. :) I kept forgetting to check your blog until yesterday, heh, but now I'm all caught up. I can't believe you've already been gone for almost two weeks. Ok, well I guess that is all for now! I love you and miss you and want to live in the same town as you again!
<3 Ellen

Anna said...

I am so excited about what God is doing through you! Mom and Dad have been sharing the stories from your e-mails with me, and I am humbled and broken. I love you so much and cannot wait to see you. I am thankful for this blog so that I can keep up with what you are doing.
Blessed to be your sister,
Anna

Randy said...

Hey girls! So blessed by all of your comments and insights. It isn't over when you leave. The relationships that have been forged will remain and you can communicate, maintain, and even strengthen the friendships that the Lord has given ya'll. Your departure is not the end of the story, just another chapter.

Love ya and look forward to seeing ya'll at the airport at 7:50 pm on Thursday. I confirmed with Mrs. Crouse and mom and I will spend the night at the Crouse's.

Keep your hands to the plow and your eyes on the Lord.

Dad

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Greetings from the other side of the world! Keep on keepin' on! Bookawaka!

-Prof. James