Saturday, January 6, 2007

pray for Jenn and I--today was a hard day

I wish I had time to tell you the whole story...even if we did it still wouldn't explain

We gave away the gifts at Pinochio this morning. I think we have already explained to you the animal like atmostsphere of this particular orphanage. Before we even left the building the older boys(17&18 yr olds) had already taken the little boys toys away and some of the girls perfumes--i guess to sell for money.

After giving the gifts away I noticed a little boy much smaller than the rest of the children I had seen. He was standing along side his older 12 yr old brother... long story short...we found out later that they had only been there for two days...the police found them in a train station alone. Jenn and I spent about 15 minutes holding them and sobbing over them as the older boys surrounded us and laughed at us...i tried so hard to not cry but it was impossible.

As the little boy was being ripped off me, we headed out the door and cried, leaning on viorica for strength.

So. pray for us. we have soft hearts and need our Savior to strengthen them & comfort them.




Little Tidbits that brightened our day ....

1) Earlier in the day we got into a taxi cab only to hear "Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance, I just wanna praise Him, I just wanna Praise Him... " blasting through the speakers.

2) One of the boys @ the orphanage was wearing a pine cove T-shirt. And not only was it PC - it was an A&M pine cove shirt with a big WHOOP on the back!!!!!

3)Watching Alina fold & refold her new shirt, shorts, underwear & socks while singing Book-a-waka

6 comments:

Randy said...

God is good and the work that you are doing will remain. God will work all things out for good. You are obeying Him so God will work on your behalf and accomplish His purposes. NO obstacle compares to the imeasurable power and greatness of God. "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew thier strength."

WE love ya'll,
Dad and Mom Seybert

Randy said...

PS. What does book-a-waka mean?

dad

Dianna said...

Emily,
I know the hurt and fear those little ones are feeling but I promise you, they will NEVER forget the love that you and Jenn have left with them. I remember the fear I felt as a little girl being left alone with two little sisters but I can tell u every "angel" that God sent to watch over us...from my 1st grade teacher who took us to VBS to the next door neighbor who let us run an extension cord to keep our food cold in the fridge when we had no electricity. GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!! and He is faithful. Your work will never be forgotten, long after you and Jenn are old and gray. You keep your chins up and keep laughing that beautiful laugh that I so long to hear! (I have to replay the videos to hear yall ha ha) Read Ecclesiastes 3:9-14 and remember "God has made everything beautiful in it's time..." I love you both so much and my heart breaks for you and the little ones that need comfort, just a loving touch. We will pray for them...that they will feel God's love and pray His protection over them!!!

Mom Crouse said...

Last week, I forwarded ya'll's blog address to many co-workers and to about 50 other people! Everyone is reading and praying for ya'll. It's amazing to walk around at work and I keep seeing people reading your blog and looking at the pictures with tears in their eyes and asking questions about the orphanages and what they can do. I keep receiving emails from Louisiana to Calif. to Georgia.

Ya'll are making a difference over there and over here in so many lives.

Much love, Mom Crouse

Mom Crouse said...

Jenn-I'm not sure which email I copied for you from Air France. Your correct flight from Bucharest on January 9th is Air France Flight #1089 which leaves Bucharest at 6:55 a.m. Extremely early--Air France said to be at the airport 2-3 hours before flight..which means by 4-4:30 a.m. :) maybe you can just stay up all night :) :)
Please check your email for more
information.
Love-Mom

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

Sweet Girls,

While reading your posts I found myself FURIOUS with those older boys. I will be praying for you and the people who come after you - that the Lord will give them strength to love them, the boys who are so hard to love.

And the happy meals getting to those boys completely made my day. I love you girls. Thanks for doing this for our sweet Jesus.