Saturday, July 7, 2007

He is worthy.

"I love you, Lord, my strength

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,

My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,

my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,

and I am saved from my enemies."

Psalm 18: 1-2

well....

I am going to be honest. The past three days have been hard. full of lots of emotions...anger, sadness, frustration, lonliness...


I don't know why I am here.


but as my dear friend Juliette reminded me...I am here in Faith.


and according to scripture that means that i don't see what God is doing i might not ever know the answer to the question why...but I am called to trust him and have faith--


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. "Heb. 11:1

I don't know exactly how to explain everything that is going on...but I wanted to ask for your prayers. more than anything right now I want to be on a plane home...and i never thought i would type that.

so we went to the mountain: Costy, Doina, Ionica, Niki, and I and well. basically anything that could have gone wrong --did.

honestly...it was so hard for me to love. the last thing i wanted to do was be patient, self-less, kind, generous, joyful, etc. but even in the midst of all of this God is Faithful. Costy, Doina, and I had conversations and moments together that I will treasure forever and I pray that the Lord is working in their hearts and minds. I pray He is changing them, just like He is changing me.

i knew before coming that the only thing on my agenda was to love. period. love them. anyone i came in contact with. and so i want to ask you to pray for me to stop looking at Emily and what she is doing, but remember that Jesus has called us to BE. to Be love. to love Him and to love people.

here are some pics from the trip:

me and the driver Mr. Niki






costy and I on one of the smallest streets in all of Europe :)


yesterday the girls and I went to the store because I wanted to buy some things for the orphanage...and then we decided to go to the park/lake.

after sitting by the lake for a while we decided to rent a boat and go rowing :) I praise God for giving us Joy and laughter. I want you to know that even though I feel very attacked by the devil and many problems are facing me--God is faithful to allow my time with Costy and Doina to be full of love and conversations and questions and goodness :)

here are some pics and videos from the lake...enjoy!

the beauty of My Father...


rowing lesson #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx039d2Md1A

rowing lesson #3




last night i got to go to Friday night church with Costy, and it was so good. so refreshing to be with other believers praising God. and even though i am very lonely...He is near. He is all i need and is faithful to use His people and His word to comfort and strengthen me.

He is worthy to be praised. worthy for me to be uncomfortable. worthy for me to feel lonely. worthy for me to be selfless when that is the last thing i feel like doing. worthy for me to praise him even when i honestly don't feel Him at all at times.

He is worthy.

thank you for your prayers. i love you,

em

1 comment:

Claire Bellington said...

Emily,
I love the videos! I'm sitting here just laughing at your laugh cause i havent heard it in so long, and I miss it!!! I miss you!

I am so inspired by your neverending love for Christ. I know it is hard right now from what I've read, but you serving Him when you have an attitude of humility! You just gotta keep sayin.."I ain't offended, I just feel sorry for you!" haha good ol joyce.

I am praying for you every day!! And I cannot WAIT to talk to you!
love you,
claire