Friday, December 15, 2006

Update #2

Friends & Family
Time is flying and Emily & I will be leaving in but a few weeks! I have had a few BIG things happen recently and I wanted to share them with all ofyou!

A few ladies from Andrei’s church have a knitting club that meets on> Wednesdays. All semester they have been laboring to knit scarves, hats,> mittens, teddy bears and more for the children in RO. I went over there a> few weeks ago and walked in amazed. All over the chairs (pictureattached) were hand-crafted items for the children. I was overwhelmed at how I was> soon going to see the children rejoicing with these items on! However,not> only had they knitted the items – they had written personalized messagesto> every kid in one of the orphanages! Pray that as I am there – I maysomehow> someway capture their excitement in photographs to bring back to those> blessed women. I do not deserve to see the fruit/excitement of theirlabor –> but I am going to do my best to bring it back in photographs and written> memories!>> Also – you all have been so gracious to provide fresh ideas, provide> e-mail addresses of contacts in RO and people affiliated with it, etc. > Below is part of an e-mail I received this morning:> “The orphanages themselves were a unique experience I cannot describe. I> can> only suggest to you that you prepare the best you can for an emotional> response. How to do that, I am not really sure. ~wry smile~>> The best gift you can give the children is as much love, holding and> nurturing as possible. The lack of consistent care and touch in infancyhas> profound effects on the development of the children as they get older. If> you have time before you go, I recommend that you read about attachment> theory, and the conditions that result when a child does not have proper> nurturing, such as Reactive Attachment Disorder.”>>> That is our purpose. Many people have asked “What are you doing> Jenn?” “What is your purpose?” “What project are you accomplishing?” Our> purpose is that the children may be encouraged in heart and united inlove. > That they may see the love that Emily & I have for one another as sistersin> Christ and for them as children and that this love may turn their eyes to> Jesus – the Source of our love. This e-mail was a huge encouragement. Ido> not feel it is any coincidence that one of Emily & I’s professors adopteda> daughter who has Reactive Attachment Disorder. Before we even knew wewere> going to RO, I spent a while in his office asking questions about his> daughter. God’s incredible, isn’t He?>> Thank you for your support and prayers! As far as prayers go right> now – pray that we will be filled up with love in the coming days. Pray> that we will make wise, safe decisions while in RO. Pray that all of our> luggage will pass the weight limit and we won’t have to pay extra. Pray> that our parents would rest in God’s faithfulness to protect us. Pray for> boldness for us. >> Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love you all!

No comments: